Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guilty Pleasures, Laurell K. Hamilton

Guilty Pleasures. Indeed. To break up the Sci Fi and other stuff, sometimes it's just nice to be entertained. This is the story of Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter. Half assassin, half witch doctor and half hot chick. Yes, yes, I know. Just another vampire series, you say. Well, not true. Personally, I think it's much better written than the Twilight series and a much different approach than True Blood. Though it does have that downfall of having the female anti-hero and the two love interests, who just happen to be a vampire and a werewolf. It's so very irritatingly similar to the other vampires stories that I wish that the genre would just let it go. Despite all that, I enjoyed reading the book for the second time. I hope you will enjoy it as well.

No comments: